ECTLC is a faith-based, non-profit 501 (C) (3) organization whose goal is to end chronic homelessness in San Diego County. ECTLC provides transitional housing, biblical training, emergency housing, job skills development, opportunities to earn a GED, case management and linkage to other resources which provide a hand up to individuals and families, enabling them to become productive members of our community. ECTLC provides this hand up approach to individuals who are ready to take responsibility for their lives, leave behind negative relationships, criminal behavior, substance abuse and other choices which have led to chronic homelessness, broken lives and broken families.
ECTLC services are available to all men, women and their minor children regardless of their culture, ethnicity and/or faith. Attendance at religious services is not a requirement of receiving services in all of our programs.
Since August 11th, 2009 ECTLC has engaged in the following activities:
- Emergency Shelter Program for homeless men, women and minor children, in which they receive shelter and case management for 28 days
- Assistance in finding work
- Food and clothing
- Opportunities to learn job skills through our Work Therapy Programs
- Case management and linkage to other needed community resources
and have since added,
- Preparation for the GED exam.
- Safe, low-cost transitional housing for individuals who are working but need time to find permanent housing
ECTLC’s Discipleship programs are available to men, women and families who choose to attend biblical studies, church services and life skill classes over a period of one year. The goal of these programs, and all of the services at ECTLC, is to provide a safe, nurturing environment where individuals and families can receive a hand up in regaining their lives, and return to our communities as productive members.